Thursday, May 29

Don't Drink the Water

OK, rule number one is just that: Don't drink the water. I didn't, but apparently my body thought I had. And Nate's body thought the same. Oh, and Steve's wasn't far behind.

So, now that we're back in the land of those who can happily consume food and liquid again (yes! A cracker never tasted so good!), I thought I'd share the last few days.

Steve has been busy (understatement) getting ready for the Pathways team coming. He had literally 12 pages of notes he'd taken during a meeting, and everything in those notes had to be done. Miraculously, they are getting done. He's also been responsible for overseeing and actually helping with repairs and improvements to the hotel the church has leased. He's done so well, and since I am writing this entry, I'll just take the time to brag on his Spanish. Everyone has complimented him on how well he speaks and understands, and he is quick to give the credit to God for refreshing his mind, since he hasn't taken classes since high school! (And we won't even mention how long ago THAT was.)

There are many ministries for me to get involved in, too, but I am really praying and waiting for God to lead before I jump in, since my time is so limited. Just keeping the house running, doing school, etc., has kept me hoppin, and now I'll be adding Spanish classes. Woa. Pour me an extra shot of espresso, please. I really want the ministries I choose to be things I am passionate about, not just time-wasters and energy-drainers. Been there.

We're planning a fun family day for tomorrow, so pictures ARE coming, but I had to close with this thought from Jackson. It was pretty profound to my oh-so-unbiased ears.

He was playing with an Evange-Cube (like a Rubix Cube, with pictures showing the story of Jesus' death and resurrection), and as he sat, staring at the picture of Jesus on the cross, he said (insert a little four year old voice here), "God doesn't bewong on the cross. He doesn't live der. He lives in our hearts."

I think he just said it all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessica & Steve,
Finally had some time (at 3am!) to read your blogs- I've just begun reading people's blogs and just learning what they are!
So refreshing to hear what you are accomplishing there and how God is blessing your family. You are missed and loved and we keep you in our prayers.
Thaddeus is going to come to Guatemala in September with Pastor Bill to help with purchase of the church. I may be coming but need to see if Mom can watch Luke for me if I come. So not sure about me yet.
Please pray for his father, Richard, who is currently in a rehab center after suffering collapsed lungs, pneumonia, stint infection, etc. He has COPD as well. So he is surviving but has had a hard time lately. We went to see him in Texas recently but we keep in touch by phone.
Do you guys have air conditioning there? Was curious.
Well, wanted to say hi and send a note. Sorry I missed saying hello when you were here.
Gems will begin again in Sept. so looking forward to that.
Love, Jan Freeman