Friday, May 23

Bravery

Habakkuk 3:19 (Amplified Bible)

19The Lord God is my Strength, my personal bravery, and my invincible army; He makes my feet like hinds' feet and will make me to walk [not to stand still in terror, but to walk] and make [spiritual] progress upon my high places [of trouble, suffering, or responsibility]!

I need more than my own bravery today. Oh. I guess that would be any day.
Bravery not to run back to my oh-so-comfortable life.
Bravery not to fall apart when my kids get sick (like this week).
Bravery not to simply react to things, but to be full of the Spirit and act out of His flowing.
Bravery not to be crushed when people disappoint and don't help the way I'd like. (It IS all about me, isn't it??)

I want to be brave. He is brave enough for me.
Oh, yes, and I guess Jackson needs to be brave, because he told me this week, as I was mopping, that I scared him when I cleaned. Wow. Guess I'd better never try that one again!

1 comment:

steve said...

For obvious reason I have to follow the exploits of the Otto family. Good luck,
Steve Otto
columnist
Tampa Tribune