Wednesday, June 18

WHO is bigger than the boogie man??


We're sort-of a family of four this week. Nate got to go to an MK camp in the mountains. I'd like to say that he was pretty broken up over leaving us for 6 days, but not so much. I think he was a tad excited to go, seeing as he reminded me SEVERAL times a day the week beforehand that I needed to start packing for him. I'm not sure why I sent him with clean clothes and clean underwear, because I'm pretty sure they will come back untouched by human hands. Ah, camp life.

Anyway, the younger kiddos have enjoyed hanging together this week, and decided to sleep in the same room while Nate was away. This is the conversation we had two nights ago:


Shelby: "There could be monsters. Yeah, they might try to get us."

Jackson: "Monsters."

Shelby: "Don't worry. We have the dogs. We have Fritz, Mita, and Shadow. They will protect us."

Here is where the mom stepped in to provide the tender moment, to bring it all back to the proper spiritual conclusion (insert soft music here).


Me: "And WHO (hint, hint) will protect you most of all?"

Jackson: (Not missing a beat, and with great emphasis) "Pastor Mike!"


Oh well.

I sure wasted a lot of money on those VeggieTales videos.

No comments: