Wednesday, April 30

Water, Water Everywhere! (Almost!)

Steve and I both came to the same conclusion today. Instead of wondering, will something happen today, we are asking, "WHAT will today's adventure be?"

In a nutshell, here's what today's adventures were:

I'll start with one from Monday. The pharmacy gave me Shelby's meds in powdered form. I've never mixed antibiotics myself! God blessed us with kind neighbors who are eye doctors and they explained the whole thing to us! Thank the Lord!

I went on a 5 mile run with Nancy and her friend, Tammy. The combination of the altitude and the hills about killed me, but I felt great afterwards!

We sprung a leak in the kitchen, and for the entire day have had a hole in the wall with water coming out (at a pretty decent rate). At least it is running into the drain in the laundry "room" (I use this term loosely!)The plumber has to come back tomorrow, because the shut-off valve to our house is the only one in the complex that doesn't work!!

We have not caught the mouse yet. Perhaps the water scared him away.

The roofers were all pounding at one time on our heads. This made school....interesting. I've never YELLED MATH QUESTIONS BEFORE.

Because of the roofing, we now have skylights in some of our bedrooms. Nate was resting on our bed and got a nice shower from the worker's water bottles being dumped! Shelby and Jack weren't too keen on the rocks, dirt and dead bugs falling on their beds!

Steve has been assisting in a lot of church stuff.

Mama needs a little break, so she is headed into Guatemala City with the other ladies manana!

Last but not least, we were brought to tears (mostly me crying!) due to a suitcase full of amazing gifts from my parents and the Palm family. You guys are too good to us!

No comments: