Sunday, April 20

Once We Found the Church...

OK, so today was a good lesson in not making assumptions. I assumed that Steve knew where the church was. He assumed that he knew, too. I was proud of him for stopping to ask directions (in Espanol, no less...he's amazing!), but it turned out that we had our streets and avenues mixed up. Here, they run opposite of the US.
We did make it eventually, and the kiddos were so excited to be in their new classes. The teachers had even gotten vests ready for them (think AWANA), and made them feel at home. Steve and I could follow the service really well, since everything is bilingual, and we even paid attention. This could be because Mike made us sit on the FRONT ROW, and only slightly embarrassed us by announcing our (semi) late arrival.
I conquered the local ATM today, too. After you pass the guard with a machine gun (yikes!), you go into a booth (like a tiny room) which smells suspiciously like something I won't mention, and you seriously get like 10 seconds to make your selection. I had to go through the whole process 3-4 times because, of course, it was all in Spanish, and I kept guessing what each button meant. I guessed wrong. I got money out finally, though, and the guard didn't even make me leave!

We're out at our wi-fi spot checking emails and listening to the rain falling outside. We just want to thank all of you who have read our blog, emailed, posted comments, etc. It's impossible to even put into words how much it means that you all are thinking of us and praying for us. Hasta luego!

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

i have been reading your blog for a few months now. so excited you have finally made your way to Guatemala. our family, including my three children, (one who is adopted from Guatemala) have been praying for you all and will continue to do so. We are excited to see what God is doing through your family! It is amazing to see bits and pieces of someone's adventure of obedience to God. thank you for sharing. we will continue to lift you all up. blessings.