Wednesday, August 20

My Veggie Tale

I liked the veggies. And the fruit.
Apparently, it was not mutual.
Yesterday, I was officially diagnosed (I will spare you the details, but said diagnosis involves traipsing down the street with your sample in a baggie and delivering the lovely baggie to the lab). Anway, I was officially diagnosed with parasites. This is super-common here and most people get it at one time or another, but the strain I have is a particularly, uh, tenacious one.

So, after googling all the words on my completely-in-Spanish-lab-report, we figured out what it was, and my sweet hubby picked up some super-fun medicine for me to take. The list of side effects were quite exciting, and quite accurate. One of the web sites had described that you might have a "metallic taste" in your mouth.
Oh yeah.
I woke up in the middle of the night feeling like I was chewing on a wad of tin foil. Yum.

Actually, I am thankful that we figured out why I was sick, and that there's a fix for it.
In the meantime, those veggies can rest easy for awhile.

1 comment:

Beth Stetler said...

Hi! I am a lurker on your blog. :-) My husband went to language school in Texas with Bill and Bonnie. I was born in Guatemala (my parents were missionaries), so I really enjoy reading about your ministry. We are in mission work in Mexico. I hope you feel better soon. Been there, done that! :-)